Faculty, staff, and student awards during 2011
- Lorraine Lewis received the Eberly College of Science, Staff Recognition Creativity Award, November 2011.
- Eberly College of Science Staff Recognition Service Awards were given in November 2011 to: Lorraine Lewis, Edith Rudy, and Donna Sosnoski for 10 years of service and to Christine Walsh for 5 years of service.
- Dr. Squire Booker received the Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award in October 2011.
- The Daniel R. Tershak Memorial Teaching Award was given to Dr. Richard Frisque in July 2011.
- The Paul M. Althouse Outstanding Instructor Teaching Award was awarded to Dr. Steve Keating in July 2011.
Eric White received the IT Impact Award and the Resource Responsibility Award in May 2011.
- Melissa Rolls was given the 2011 Junior Career Recognition Award forWomen in Cell Biology in December 2011.
- David Gilmour received the 2010 C.I. Noll Award for Excellence in Teaching, March 2011.
- Wendy Hanna-Rose received the WISE Recognition Award, Faculty Category in March 2011.
- Two BMB faculty members, J. Martin Bollinger, Jr. and Donald A. Bryant, were named fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science on January 12, 2011.
- The Eberly College of Science Dean's Climate and Diversity Award was given in January 2011 to Dr. Andrea Mastro.