Registration and Fee Information
| Graduate Students
| Undergraduate Students
On-line Registration is closed. Please see information below about registering on-site.
For information pertaining to on-site registration, please contact:
Nancy J. Wilson, Symposium Director
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
108 Althouse Laboratory
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: 814 863-1918
Early Registration Discount is available until Friday, March 23, 2012. Late registration fees will be in effect as of March 24, 2012.
Deadline: All registrations must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, April 20, 2012. After this date, please call the Conference Planner at 814-863-1918 for information about onsite check-in.
Parking Information: If parking a vehicle on campus, permits are required unless you are staying at the Nittany Lion Inn or at the Penn Stater.
If staying at the Nittany Lion Inn or Penn Stater, parking at the hotel is included with your lodging. You'll need to obtain a parking ticket when entering the parking deck adjacent to the Nittany Lion Inn and have it validated at the NLI check-in desk before you return to your car in the parking deck. Otherwise, standard parking fees will apply. If you plan to drive/park your car closer to the meeting site on campus, you will need to purchase a parking permit to do so. Please see purchase information below.
If staying at other area lodging, you will need to purchase a parking permit for parking your vehicle on campus. Parking permits are available for purchase during the registration process for $6 per day. Cash or check is required. We cannot accept credit cards at the registration check-in.
Registration fee includes: admission to all Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting of the Society for Developmental Biology sessions and receptions, proceedings book, and refreshments during the breaks between sessions, and box lunch on Saturday. Attendees are responsible for their own travel, lodging arrangements, and meals.
- To register, you will need an email address, which will serve as your login id, and a major credit card.
- Create an account for our meeting by filling out a short form with your name, a password and address. The "continue" link will then ask you about your status (faculty, PDF, graduate student, etc.) which determines your fees.
- Provide credit card information to complete the registration and payment. Registration must be accompanied by full payment of published fees. Payment using a credit card is only accepted by online registration.
- You will receive a confirmation by email.
Deadline: All on-line registrations must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST
on Friday, April 20, 2012.
Upon arrival at the meeting site, all registrants must check in at the registration check-in table to receive a proceedings book, name badge, and participant packets.
Advice to Research Scientists and Laboratory Technicians: When registering for the meeting, your P.I. should designate the category that is most appropriate for your level. Our guidelines are as follows:
- Scientists who recently obtained a Bachelor's degree (within the last 5 yrs.) should register as a graduate student.
- Those who have a Ph.D. or who have been in a paid research position for 6-10 yrs. should register as a postdoctoral fellow.
- Senior scientist with >10 yrs. experience should register as faculty.
Meeting attendees are responsible for their own travel, lodging arrangements, and meals.
You will be notified promptly of any cancellations, schedule, or program changes.
Cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing by FAX (301-634-7825) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and received by April 13, 2012. A $20 processing fee will be applied. Requests received after April 13, 2012 will not be honored, no exception. Anyone who is registered but cannot attend may send a substitute. Please note that the registration fee may need adjustment due to member / non-member status or due to registration type.
Please complete and submit your registration with payment as soon as possible to facilitate preparation of your meeting packet.