Mailing and Shipping Tips
Printable Mail Forms
September 2013: Mail Services has migrated their postal management and accounting systems to a new system. The new system provides the ability to create an address book, track mail dates, and track costs associated with the mailing more efficiently and quickly.
Customers use one mail card for all mail sent at one time, but a new card is required to be created online each time mail is sent to mail services.
The new mail cards (ship request forms) can be generated by logging into this website:
- Click on Mail Meter Cards.
- Log on using your PSU ID.
- Click on the desktop link.
- Complete the request and print it and send it with the mail pieces. (Pop up blocker must be disabled to enable printing.)
The mail request form you print will have a unique number at the bottom (below the bar code) which may be used to track when mail is sent or specific costs associated with that mailing by calling mail services.
Questions? Contact Multimedia Print Center at 814-865-7544.
FOR MAC USERS AND NON-PC EXPLORER USERS:
- Go to Multimedia print services: http://www.multimediaprint.psu.edu/
- Click "Mailing" on the left side menu
- Click "Metering" on the left side menu
- Go to the middle of that page, "MAC USERS AND NON-PC EXPLORER USERS" and click on USPS mailing form. *You will need to sign in.
- Complete the form as you have in the past.
Place the package on the chair right inside the reception area in 107 Althouse. Regularly scheduled pick-up is around 2:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Place the package in or at the outgoing mail bin in 108 Althouse. Campus Mail Services will pick it up, Monday - Friday.
Packages Containing Dry Ice:
These require special handling. Contact Environmental Health and Safety prior to dropping off the package(s) at 107 Althouse.
Environmental Health & Safety
FED EX EXPRESS
Place the package on the chair right inside the reception area in 107 Althouse. Regularly scheduled pick-up around 2:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Place the package on the chair right inside the reception area in 107 Althouse.
***PLEASE NOTE: You need to schedule a pick-up for this at the same place you printed your shipping labels. If you are unable to do so, please ask one of the BMB staff for assistance.
If you have any questions about mail or shipping, be sure to ask for help. The BMB staff will point you in the right direction to get your packages and mail out.