Making an Appointment
Current Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology and Microbiology students
If your adviser is Dr. James Endres Howell or Ms. Jennifer Keefer, please call 814-863-5487 to schedule an appointment. Your adviser assignment can be found on LionPath.
If scheduling an appointment with Jennifer Keefer, please check-in at a computer kiosk in the Science Advising Center reception area on the 2nd floor of Ritenour Building before proceeding to the waiting area.
If your adviser is one of the following, please click on the corresponding link to send an email request for an advising appointment.
|Padala, V. Reddyfirstname.lastname@example.org
Note: To submit any petitions for course substitution you will need to meet with Ms. Jennifer Keefer or Dr. Howell. Please contact 814-863-5487 to schedule an appointment.
B M B, MICRB, BIOTC Students
What to bring to a meeting:
If you are changing your major or scheduling classes, you must bring a completed academic plan to the meeting.
1. Print your course requirements checklist: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology: Biochem | Molecular Cell Biology | Microbiology | Biotechnology: General Option | Clinical Laboratory Science Option (PDF)
2. Print a Degree Audit from LionPath for that major.
3. Print your current schedule ("course detail" format) from LionPath.
4. Print a transcript from LionPath.
5. Consider the recommended academic plans Biochemistry & Molecular Biology: Biochem | Molecular Cell Biology | Microbiology | Biotechnology: General Option | Clinical Laboratory Science Option (PDF)
6. Most importantly, prepare an academic plan for every semester (PDF) until graduation.
Without these materials, it will be a short and unproductive advising meeting.
Find Your Adviser
1. You can look up the name of your academic adviser on LionPath.
2. If there is a problem with your adviser assignment, please get in touch with:
Phone (814) 863-4925
Pursue a Major or Minor from the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Current PSU students who want to learn more about pursuing a Major or Minor from the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology you can schedule an appointment to meet with Ms. Jennifer Keefer by contacting (814) 863-5487.
Future Students to Penn State University
Should contact the Eberly College of Science Future Students Office. Megan Holmes will help you plan your visit to Penn State's University Park campus. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Science Future Students Office at (814) 865-2609 or email@example.com.
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 865-2609
(Credit and modification from the Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences undergraduate advising web site at Penn State)